Squeeze the MOST out of Eucalyptus Oil to Benefit Your Hair!
You are here after switching several shampoos and conditioners in hope of healthy hair. Because now looking for more natural and organic remedies seems like the right thing to do.
If that sounds like you, BoldLyfe has two words for you- eucalyptus oil! After much research, we have put together this detailed blog for you to know all about the benefits of eucalyptus oil and how it can drastically improve your hair’s health.
Eucalyptus oil is an essential oil, distilled from the leaves of the eucalyptus tree and is known to aid hair growth. In addition to this, this oil is also known for its curing and therapeutic properties. According to a 2016 study by Trusted Source, eucalyptus oil has antimicrobial, antifungal, and herbicidal properties. It is known to:
- Promote hair growth
- Treat head lice
- Improve hair health
- Stimulate hair follicles
- Provide relief from an itchy scalp
But before using this oil, you must note that like most other essential oils, eucalyptus oil is highly potent and needs to be diluted. Here are the steps on how to use eucalyptus oil:
- Heat two tablespoons of either coconut, olive or almond oil
- Add 2-3 drops of eucalyptus oil in the chosen oil and mix the two properly
- Apply the mixture to the scalp and gently massage it into the roots
- Keep massaging the scalp for at least 5-10 minutes so that every strand of your hair is able to absorb the oil properly.
- Leave the oil for 30-60 minutes and wash it off with a mild shampoo. This way, you will be able to reap the maximum benefits of the eucalyptus oil
- To improve your health significantly, make sure you use eucalyptus oil twice a week
Here’s a detailed look at the benefits of eucalyptus oil and how it can improve your hair health.
Eucalyptus oil treats dandruff and an itchy scalp
Eucalyptus oilhas antifungal properties that can help a great deal with treating dandruff. The oil eradicates fungus, which contributes to dandruff and an itchy scalp. Eucalyptus oil also has anti-inflammatory agents that soothe the itchy scalp and provide relief.
Eucalyptus oil as a hair stimulant
Eucalyptus oil, when mixed with a carrier oil (coconut, olive etc.) works as a stimulant, enhancing blood circulation, therefore opening up the hair follicles. This in turn helps boost hair growth.
Eucalyptus oil kills lice
Due to itsantifungal and antiseptic properties, eucalyptus oil helps get rid of lice. The oil is more effective when mixed with rosehip oil, as the mixture’s powerful smell and antimicrobial properties help suffocate the lice, killing them.
Eucalyptus oil makes the hair shiny
Eucalyptus oil helps in boosting the natural shine of the hair, due to the enhanced ceramide production that takes place in the hair and scalp. The ceramides are the form of lipid molecules that are present in the hair strands, which help make the hair look shinier and more voluminous.
Eucalyptus oil aids hair growth
Due to its anti-inflammatory properties, eucalyptus oil soothes the scalp, which advances hair growth. As you keep massaging the oil into the hair, there’s an increase in blood circulation and penetration of nutrients by. As a result, it makes the hair longer, thicker and healthier.
Eucalyptus oil improves an oily scalp
One tends to have an oily scalp due to excessive dust accumulation. Eucalyptus oil makes use of its astringent production, regulating the sebum production of the scalp.
Eucalyptus oil for grey hair
This oil is a great organic way to prevent greying hair. You won’t need to rely on chemical dyers and chemical-based shampoos that often make the hair dry and frizzy.
Also, constant exposure to these chemicals may lead to premature greying and even an itchy and irritated scalp. The anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties of eucalyptus help in fighting free radical damage, in turn preventing premature hair greying.
In addition to this, eucalyptus oil alsoenhances hair elasticity and prevents split ends and breakage of hair.
Side effects of using eucalyptus oil for hair
Eucalyptus oil is unsafe for internal consumption and should only be used externally. You should also be mindful of whether you are allergic to this essential oil or not. Make sure to carry out a patch test before using this oil. It is suggested that eucalyptus oil should not be applied topically by:
- Small children and infants
- Pregnant women and breastfeeding mothers
- Individuals suffering from asthma
- Individuals battling a severe medical illness
Some of the best eucalyptus oil products for hair care include:
1. Wishcare 100% Pure Eucalyptus Essential Oil – Eucalyptus Oil (15ml)
2. Khadi Natural Eucalyptus Oil Diffuser & Aroma Therapy (10 Ml)
3. Soulflower Eucalyptus (Nilgiri) Essential Oil, 100% Pure
4. AromaMusk 100% Pure Eucalyptus- Cleaning – Eucalyptus Globulus Aroma Essential Oil
5. Bella Vita Organic Eucalyptus Essential Oil 15ml Can be Used as Fragrance Oil
Now that you know the benefits of eucalyptus oil for hair care, you can truly embrace this organic treatment and live your BoldLyfe! So go ahead and show your hair some love and care that it deserves!