9 Best face serums for oily skin we can bet on
Every girl’s dream is to have smooth, gleaming skin. But some of us are born to excessively shine (sometimes blinding!), thanks to all the oils our body naturally produces. Which begs the question – How do you keep your skin healthy, happy and still glowy without looking greasy? The answer is simple – A consistent routine that caters to your skin type. A serum is the most recent addition to this regimen. We know you’re thinking why you’d need a serum when you’re already dealing with oily/acne-prone skin here. Let’s tell you why.
What exactly is oily skin?
Skin that overproduces oil, clogging pores, making it prone to breakouts and pimples. The key is to find a balance between excess oil and retaining your skin’s natural moisture.
How does the serum help here?
A serum contains active ingredients that penetrate deeper into your skin than any cream ever will. It targets specific skin concerns like acne with the right ingredients and balances the excess sebum on your face, making the skin look matte and plump.
So, where do you begin? Right here! BoldLyfe has compiled a list of top 9 best face serums for oily skin that will help you with all your skin woes!
Best face serums for oily skin
- Minimalist 10% Niacinamide Face Serum
- Kaya Clinic Antox Vitamin C Face Serum
- L’Oréal Paris Revitalift 1.5% Hyaluronic Acid Face Serum
- Pilgrim Oil Control Serum with Salicylic Acid & Niacinamide
- Prolixr – 10% Niacinamide + 1% HA + Zinc Hydrating serum
- The DermaCo 10% Niacinamide Face Serum
- Bodywise 10% Niacinamide Face Serum
- Mamaearth Skin Illuminate Vitamin C Face Serum
- Disrupt 10% Niacinamide Face Serum
1. Minimalist 10% Niacinamide Face Serum
This serum contains pure vitamin B3, which gives you a clear matte appearance each day. It boosts dermal immunity on a daily basis and reduces pore congestion by balancing oil. No more blemishes or sun damage, just clear, healthy skin!
- Regular use helps to prevent spots and uneven skin
- Reduces visible pores and inflammation to enhance the complexion
- Antioxidant vitamin B3 (niacinamide) repairs skin barrier
- Fades acne scars
- Reduces clogged pores
- Smoothens and brightens skin
- None for us!
2. Kaya Clinic Antox Vitamin C Face Serum
One of the best serums for oily acne-prone skin, it improves the skin’s appearance with vitamin C that overcomes pigmentation. It also gives you more polished and silkier skin by reducing the age spots and wrinkles.
- Aids to even out your skin and make it firm
- Non-oily, quickly adsorbing antioxidant gel with vitamin C
- Combats free radicals that are responsible for early skin aging
- Aesthetic packaging
- Reduces dark spots and uneven patches
- Might cause irritation
3. L’Oréal Paris Revitalift 1.5% Hyaluronic Acid Face Serum
L’Oreal is always associated with luxury, and this serum for radiant, re-plumped skin is no exception. Living up to its name, it has made it to our cut of the best face serum for oily skin. Add to cart for a hydrated, clean, and youthful appearance.
- Fragrance-free, paraben & alcohol-free
- Immediate visible results- skin radiance improves by 42%
- Remarkably hydrating hyaluronic acid at a concentration of 1.5%
- Reduces roughness and makes your skin plump
- Classy packaging
- May not suit sensitive skin
4. Pilgrim Oil Control Serum with Salicylic Acid & Niacinamide
The Pilgrim Oil Control serum is a gentle yet efficient leave-in formula that is ideal for clearing clogged skin. Its primary and secondary ingredients remove oil, help calm the inflamed skin and prevent breakouts.
- Reforms the skin to reveal a bright and smooth texture
- Serum with high potency- crafted with 2% BHA and 3% niacinamide
- Strengthens the skin barrier, reducing the frequency of breakouts
- Gives you a glow
- Tightens large pores
- May not do much for old acne scars
5. Prolixr – 10% Niacinamide + 1% HA + Zinc Hydrating serum
Niacinamide has been clinically found to reduce skin damage and dark spots in as little as 14 days. Prolixir, formulated with all the goodness, will be an upscale addition to your beauty arsenal. It boosts skin’s elasticity and increases hydration. Bid farewell to those troublesome acne scars and blemishes too!
- The niacinamide and zinc blend strengthens the skin barrier and enhances complexion
- Toxin-free formula with premium organic ingredients
- Ultra light skin-clearing serum that fades blemishes
- Hydrates the skin, leaving it soft and supple
- Suits all skin types
- Fades off tiny spots
- On the cheaper side
- No major effect on acne
6. The DermaCo 10% Niacinamide Face Serum
Vitamin B3 has been scientifically proven to help tighten large pores and prevent acne. The formula includes zinc, which reduces the magnitude of skin problems & encourages healthy skin. This serum is unquestionably one of the best face serums for oily skin.
- Controls and fights acne
- Use of this product on a daily basis will lead to improved skin texture
- Ideal for someone with acne, open pores, or dull skin
- Promotes clear skin
- Suitable for all skin types
- May require a doctor’s visit before you start
7. Bodywise 10% Niacinamide Face Serum
This serum contains 10% niacinamide, which is ideal for treating acne and hyperpigmentation. The 1% zinc PCA heals the skin and regulates breakouts. The brand has reduced the risk of irritation by limiting the ingredients and putting more emphasis on the perks of the key ingredients.
- With a pH of 6, it causes no disruption to your skin’s protective layer
- Suppresses excessive melanin production as a result of skin damage
- Fades acne scars, lowers sebum production, and improves overall tone and texture.
- Paraben-free and fragrance-free
- Reduces dark spots
- Lightweight high-absorption formula
- Not for super-sensitive skin
8. Mamaearth Skin Illuminate Vitamin C Face Serum
After the mid-twenties, our bodies naturally decrease the levels of Squalane, causing the skin to feel dry, dehydrated, and aged. With Squalene and vitamin C, this serum makes for a powerful product that reduces signs of aging, firms the skin, battles dark spots, and controls melanin production. The turmeric in this serum bestows a radiant glow to your skin.
- Eliminates acne scarring and dark spots with vitamin C
- Non-greasy and quickly absorbed
- Includes Squalane for a firm, younger looking skin
- Controls extra oil and melanin
- Erases hyperpigmentation and age spots
- Suitable for all skin types
- Strong fragrance
- May irritate sensitive skin
9. Disrupt 10% Niacinamide Face Serum
This potent niacinamide serum helps control acne marks and pigmentation within four weeks. It removes redness and inflammation by stabilizing the oil and sebum. The zinc PCA hydrates and keeps skin from looking greasy, leading to a clear, matte look all day.
- Daily use helps reduce breakouts and pimples
- Safe and skin-friendly ingredients used in the formulation
- Non-comedogenic and unlikely to irritate the skin
- Improves skin texture
- Gives a healthy glow while controlling the oil production
- No artificial smell
- May cause acne and breakouts
Frequently asked questions about face serums
- How to incorporate a serum into your routine?
The products you use, and the order in which they are used, are vital aspects of your skincare routine.
A basic skincare routine for oily skin can look like this:
- Mild facewash
- Targeted corrective serums
- Light moisturizer for face
- Sunscreen (in the mornings)
A word of advice – Gradually incorporate facial serums into your skincare regime since these products are powerful and can cause side effects such as dry skin and irritation.
Facial serums for oily skin may help treat mild to moderate acne, but people with chronic acne must consult a doctor about prescription-strength treatments.