10 BB Creams for Combination Skin That Are Winning!
Choosing BB creams can be an ordeal for those with combination skin. How do you find the perfect product that doesn’t make the dry parts look flaky but also mattifies the oily areas? You don’t, because we do for you. Picking makeup products for t-zone skin type wouldn’t be this hard anymore. We’ve got you “covered,” (pun intended)!
If you’re someone who doesn’t like wearing foundation but still wants decent coverage, BB cream is right up your alley! Blemish Balm (BB) creams are usually packed with moisturizing, protecting as well colour correcting benefits. They shouldn’t be mistaken for CC (Colour correcting) creams that are primarily designed to reduce dark spots and hyperpigmentation on your face. BB creams are ideal for summers as they decrease your dependency on multiple products such as moisturizers, foundations and sunscreens for skin and makeup prep. They help your skin breathe and add a natural finish and glow to it.
If you have combination skin and are struggling to pick the right BB cream, don’t worry, as we’re here to help you out with our best picks! Before we get to the list of BB creams, here are some ingredients and formulas you should look for when purchasing them.
- Lightweight: Some BB creams can be slightly heavy and feel like foundations. Avoid picking creams having too thick a consistency and a greasy, oily formula. Go for something that feels lightweight.
- SPF: If you’re someone who prefers wearing only BB cream and no other skincare/makeup, it’s very important for the product to have protective qualities, i.e, SPF, which shields your skin from the sun’s harmful rays.
- Hyaluronic acid: This ingredient will help moisturize your skin without clogging your pores.
- Salicylic acid: This is especially for those who struggle with breakouts. Salicylic acid gently exfoliates the skin by clearing out dead cells, blackheads and unclogging the pores, ensuring that the moisture barrier remains intact.
- Antioxidants: Vitamin E, niacin, etc. are great for skin brightening effects. So, if you’re looking for a BB cream with this feature, ensure you pick a product with any of these antioxidants.
Now that you know this, choose away from this wide range of BB cream collection for combination skin!
1. Bobbi Brown BB Cream SPF 35
This cream is packed with moisturizing benefits and even provides great protection from the sun. It has a lightweight formula and comes in a wide range of shades.
2. Maybelline Dream Pure BB Cream Skin Clearing Perfector
This BB cream contains salicylic acid that will help you if you’re struggling with breakouts. It also has anti-ageing and colour correcting properties.
3. Garnier SkinActive Miracle Skin Perfector BB Cream for Oily/Combo Skin
This BB cream is specially designed for combination skin. It is lightweight, long-lasting and hydrating.
4. Neutrogena Healthy Skin Anti-Aging Perfector
This BB cream is great as it is multi-functional. It provides sun protection, cosmetic coverage, and helps stimulate collagen with the help of a light and stable form of retinol.
5. Lancôme Beinfait Teinte Beauty Balm
This product has unique ingredients such as moringa seed extract and chestnut that reduces inflammation and prevents breakouts. Adding to this, the beauty balm also provides great sun protection.
6. Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer Natural Skin Perfector Broad Spectrum SPF 30
The brand has revamped its original tinted moisturizer by adding a new formula and a wider shade range. The BB cream now has ingredients like macadamia and kukui seeds, giving your skin the natural tint, you desire.
7. Elf BB Cream SPF 20
This BB cream is enriched with hydrating ingredients such as cucumber, jojoba, aloe, vitamin E and blends super easy to provide a natural finish. And it also has SPF! Need we go on?
8. Clinique Acne Solutions BB Cream Broad Spectrum SPF 40
This is a lightweight, non-greasy formula that will provide adequate coverage and will last on your face all day.
9. Nykaa Skin Genius BB Cream
This is an extremely lightweight BB cream that corrects, hydrates, protects your skin from sun damage and adds a healthy glow to your skin.
10. Smashbox Camera Ready Cream SPF 35
This BB cream has hydrating properties and conceals blemishes while providing sun protection.
You are truly spoilt for choice now. So which BB cream would it be for you? Whatever you choose, remember to wear it with confidence, smile and lots of swag! Live that BoldLyfe!