Aloe Vera – The magic ingredient for your hair and how to use it
What if we told you… not all great things take hard work, some just come to you as easy as an aloe vera plant in your garden. When it comes to skin and haircare, the magical ingredient is often in the spotlight. If you have an Aloe vera plant in your garden that isn’t being used, now is the time to do something with it.
For it’s not just a plant, but a divine potion. This easy-to-grow cactus has strong survival instincts and can be grown almost anyplace. It can be grown in a garden, a pot, a terrace, or any other open space.
Did you know? Aloe vera is known as a healer in Ayurveda. Its incredibly bitter sticky gel has been shown to be a wonderful source of rich vitamins and minerals that are beneficial to your skin and hair. Let’s take a look at how to include this amazing plant into your beauty regimen.
Benefits Of Aloe Vera For Hair
The abundant supply of vitamins, minerals, and other substances connected to hair growth is cited by proponents of aloe vera used for hair health. These qualities, according to them, indicate that they can encourage healthy and plentiful hair. Scientific research has yet to establish a link between aloe vera’s characteristics and hair vitality.
- The first written mentions of aloe vera date back to 2100 BCE.
- Vitamins A, C, E, B12, and choline are among the 75 active compounds in aloe vera.
- Hair quality is influenced by a number of nutrients, and nutritional deficits can result in hair loss.
Come monsoon, most of us endure hair loss, and only a few people are aware of the power of aloe vera to alleviate this condition. Aloe vera gel is a great hair tonic and rejuvenator.
Remedies to rejuvenate your hair with aloe vera?
- Scoop off the clear gel from the inside of a leaf by cutting it lengthwise in half.
- Mix this clear aloe vera gel with 1 egg and 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil and massage it into the scalp and hair.
- After 10 minutes, cover with a heated towel and shampoo after 40 minutes.
Prevents Hair Loss
Aloe vera is known for its ability to strengthen roots and decrease hair breakage. It’s also a terrific scalp conditioner that leaves hair feeling silky and moisturised. When aloe vera is applied to the scalp, it moisturises it from the inside out. As a result of well-hydrated roots, hair becomes more elastic, resulting in less breakage.
Remedies to prevent hair loss with aloe vera?
- Using a spoon, cut a leaf from a live aloe vera plant and gather the gel (some like to blend it with coconut or olive oil).
- Apply the gel or combination to your scalp and leave it on for an hour.
- Wash your hair and scalp with a gentle shampoo.
- Repeat this technique 2-3 times a week.
Eliminates Hair Frizz
A hair mask created with aloe vera gel can treat your hair’s frizziness. The treatment can restore lustre while also softening the texture of your natural hair. The enzymes in aloe vera assist your hair to retain moisture while also stimulating the hair follicles.
Remedies for dry hair, use an aloe vera, egg, and banana mask!
- Take two teaspoons of fresh aloe vera pulp.
- Add one egg, one banana, and one teaspoon olive oil (plus one tablespoon of your favourite hair mask if desired).
- To make a smooth paste-like consistency, mix everything together using a mixer, a spoon, or a fork.
Is Hair Moisturiser a Thing?
To keep it precise – YES! Aloe vera is a moisturising ingredient that can be used on both skin and hair. It is mild on the hair and easy to remove. Let it save the day if your hair is dry and brittle.
It contains proteolytic enzymes that help in the healing of dead scalp skin. Take your aloe vera and massage it evenly over the hair strands. Allow it to sit for 30 minutes before washing it out to reveal silky hair.
Tip: Combine freshly extracted aloe vera gel, honey, olive oil, and curd in a blender. Apply the mask on your scalp, Allow 30 minutes for it to work its magic on your roots and hair. Rinse for lustrous, beautiful hair!
Maintains the pH Balance of the Scalp
pH balance is arguably one of the most essential benefits that aloe vera can provide to your natural hair. If your hair’s pH isn’t balanced, it’ll almost certainly result in dandruff, dryness, and breakage. Aloe vera helps to restore the pH balance of your scalp, promoting healthy and beautiful hair.
Is using an aloe vera on your hair a sure-fire remedy?
There is no sure-shot way to achieve perfect hair! However, aloe vera is a relatively inexpensive hair treatment that is absolutely worth a shot. Remember that for the best outcomes, you must give it time and be consistent with your routine.